- You can use a one-for-one honey for sugar substitution in most yeast breads, muffins, pancakes or waffles when ½ cup or less sugar is called for in the recipe.
- When more sugar than ½ cup is called for adjusting down the liquid in the recipe by 2 tablespoons and adding ¼ teaspoon soda may be needed because honey is more acidic than sugar.
- Remember yeast activity will slow or even be killed
- Don’t forget what a great treat honey butter is! Mix until smooth, ½ cup (1 stick) butter and ¼ cup honey.
- More great honey and butter recipes at www.landolakes.com