What’s this? We can eat pie one day a year without worrying about calories? Today is National Pie Day! So take the opportunity to indulge in your favorite comfort food; whether it be coconut cream, chocolate banana, or maybe old-fashioned Apple Pie is your thing. Whatever your tastebuds desire, the Home Baking Association wishes you the best National Pie Day ever!
Don’t let National Pie Day slip by without joining in on the fun. Here are some ways you can share the love of pie with your classroom, community or family.
- If pie making is not in your schedule, stop by your favorite pie shop or grocery store and bring home a gift of love and joy for the whole family. The coldest of January days will be warmed by a special pie dessert.
- Share the ultimate “comfort food” by giving the gift of pie to a local “hometown hero”. Stop by your local police or fire department and let these local heros know that you appreciate all they do for your community.
- Indulge your co-workers with the gift of pie.
- Reach out to new neighbors you might not have met yet – it says you’re thoughtful. Stay awhile to get to know each other and fill them in about the neighborhood. Say thank you with a pie.
- Has someone done a special favor for you? Acknowledge the favor with the gift of pie.
- Spend time with your children and make a pie together. You’ll make great memories and your children will be so proud to serve the pie for dessert.
- Check out the various pie and tart recipes at HomeBaking.org
Here is a list of events and happenings around the US. Check out the list to see what your neighbors are doing to celebrate National Pie Day. visit the American Pie Council website
P.S. Today is also National Handwriting Day. So if you give a pie away to a friend, make sure to include a handwritten note as well!