Join the Home Baking Association in celebrating literacy and volunteerism this spring! You can help spread enthusiasm for reading both books and recipes. “Read to a child today and start a lifetime of ambition.” Library of Congress, www.read.gov.
Volunteer and bring older generations and youth together to read & bake.
Need good how-to measure visuals? Check out this resource
What about age-appropriate kitchen activities? We created this for you!
Need tips for reading to, or with, children? Be sure to visit the following websites:
National Association of Educators of Young Children
Reading is Fundamental
Studies show books or cooking tools aren’t available in many homes!
Conduct a “Book and Cook” drive to equip a local youth program, food pantry, or classroom.
1. Match books and cooking tools using “Book and Cook” Literature Connections
Find great baking tools at www.chefsplanet.com
2. Include Baking with Friends or a lesson guide:
- BakeWorks! Early childhood lesson
- Let’s Wrap! Elementary lesson
- Teens thrive on Larissa’s Bread Book by Lorraine Johnson-Coleman