Not-so-long ago family members mostly baked to save…money, a trip to the store, time…and produce the daily grain food staples fueling their families. Baking was just what people did for both every day and celebrations.
Baking for family fun doubles the satisfaction! It certainly contributes to the bottom line, saving resources while doing what screen time can’t for children or families—foster dynamic active lifestyles.
Each week of Bake for Family Fun Month offers resources you won’t want to miss, because they can be included throughout the year. A few include:
- Farm-to-fork virtual ingredient field trips: ancient grains, wheat (the baking back bone) and milling (additional resource) plus butter and sugar
- How-to-bake videos, glossary, and blogs
- Inexpensive entrees (pizza) and chicken pot pie
- Party fun foods… mini-me pig in the blankets
- DIY granola or power bars and more
- Baking history and traditions
- Baking for others, and more, gift labels, and packaging
- Teaching guides, lessons, power points, games, and a baking glossary!
Don’t forget to check the archived Bake for Family Fun resources too!