The best part of Bake for Family Fun Month is this last week! Baking for others is everything a parent, a teacher and a community could want. The soft pretzel was originally baked as a reward for learning and remains a sign of “blessing” or appreciation to this day. On-line lesson Bread with a Twist outlines many ways to teach and learn from baking as a service. See how to shape pretzels
Several resources to help bake for others this week include
- Bake for Good, http://www.kingarthurflour.com/learnbakeshare/ (image attached) Share what you’re doing at #learnbakeshare!
- Baking the World a Better Place with Stop Hunger Now
- Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry, the Great American Bake Sale initiative! Meet Bake Sale Heroes, get bake sale resources to assist and get baking.
- Turn a few cents into dollars with Dough Sculpting and “Bake for Funds” strategies at the Bake Sale Central or Domino Sugar
- Plan now how you’ll engage with those who can’t get out and about during March, Bake and Take Month or Bake and Take Day, Saturday, March 26th
- Host a baking workshop for those with diabetes, celiac or ingredient allergies! Baking for Special Needs, hodgsonmill.com and Land O’Lakes
- Bakers Lends a Humane Hand Pet Treats and more!
Above all, just DO IT!