- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Country Crock® Spread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar with Country Crock® Spread in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended. Combine milk and vanilla. Alternately beat in milk and flour mixtures until blended. Spread evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack; remove from pans and cool completely.
- To assemble and decorate, leave 1 cake layer whole and place on large platter. Cut 2 opposite edges of the other layer into “ears”. Cake remaining will be “bow tie”. Arrange on platter. If desired, spread with frosting* and decorate with shredded coconut and/or candies.
*To make an easy and delicious frosting, beat 1 box (16 oz.) confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup Spread and 1 tsp. vanilla extract in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Provided by HBA Member Country Crock