Week 4: Bake for Family Fun Month
Baking for others can “lend a humane hand” in multiple ways. Three top-of-mind baking action options include
- Plan a baking fund-raiser or sale for a local need.
- Maximize earnings with simple sculpted, designer breads
- Specialty take-home-and-complete items, like artisan bread bowls and par-baked pizza crust, (Step 3)
Partner with “baking the world a better place” and Stop Hunger NOW, another great home baking association member action.
- Bake and Take: Whether baked from a mix or from scratch, it’s the act that counts! Remembering those who are often overlooked can happen ANY day, but start today.
DYK there’s a special Bake and Take Month and Day? Join others in March
- Teach others to bake, then share.
Bake for Good offers direction, curriculum, and expertise.
Learn about their options, including self-directed resources.
- You’ll love the Everyday Whole- Grain Bread step-by-step recipe.
Portable Kitchens is a way to share the wealth of your food skills. Teach baking and cooking activities in classrooms and out-of-school programs without kitchens. Resources includes