The Home Baking Association (HBA) mission of “growing the practice of home baking” could not be more timely due to economic conditions and other societal changes. The fact is more meals are being prepared at home, and this organization is at the forefront in sharing our tools and knowledge to not only current bakers, but future generations as well. In recent years more people learned about HBA than ever before, keeping the momentum of this non-profit organization going strong.
The HBA web site is a valuable resource for educators, parents, community service volunteers, scratch-bakers and anyone else interested in baking. Here you will find recipes, activities, lesson plans and other valuable resources that help you at home in the kitchen, or in the classroom.
Click here to read about the history of the organization
Grow the practice of home baking.
Promote home baking by providing tools and knowledge
to perpetuate generations of home bakers.
– Home Baking Educators
– Family and consumer sciences teachers in
middle and senior high schools
– Family and consumer sciences extension educators
– After-school and community youth program educators
– Education trade media
– Anyone who teaches home baking
Long-Term Marketing Objective
Increase the frequency of home baking.
Increase awareness and use of Home Baking Association
and member educational materials.
– Identify and develop home baking educators.
– Extend contemporary home baking education materials
to classroom and community youth program educators
working with youth ages 6-18.
– Leverage existing member materials.
– Promote the health benefits of home baking.
– Teach how to bake at home.
– Advocate year-round baking.
How to Become a Member: Are you a firm or corporation, trade or non-profit association engaged directly or indirectly in promoting baking? Are you interested in becoming a member of the Home Baking Association? Find out how.